Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Engagement Photos...

I recently had the great privilege of shooting Engagement Photos for Nicole and Ryan.

They have asked me to shoot their wedding in March 2011 and when I suggested we shoot some Engagement photos first, they were a little reluctant. But after a little arm twisting they finally gave in. My goal is to photograph them several times between now and the wedding. The idea is that by March they will be so used to me being around snapping photos that I will be totally invisible to them by the Wedding. That way they will be so comfortable with me being around, that their Wedding Photos won't seem staged, posed or fake.

I offered several suggestions, but told them that the best photos will be the ones of "them being themselves."

We set out on a beautiful Autumn day in Salem. Our first stop was to play in the leaves at Salem Common.




You can see in this photo that they are very much in love!




I also wanted to get a few shots in Black and White.




When we got to the spot of the Proposal, I was treated to a reenactment (complete with a surprised reaction)!




Ryan is a 'take charge' kind of guy and decided he didn't want to wait until March. So he took matters into his own hands! (Almost leaving without Nicole's purse...)




After convincing Ryan to be patient, they strolled off on the Journey of a lifetime...



We made a little stop at the Bandshell.



And then we wandered down to the pier by the Lighthouse to admire the Full Moon. How Romantic.




And having a little fun.




And here they are gazing off into the Future... There is a definite possibility that the two of them will sail off into a sunset just like this after they are married.




(Nicole and Ryan: Don't forget to continue having special moments like these after you are married! I am looking forward to capturing more of these moments at your Wedding.)

-----------------------------------------

If you or someone you know needs to capture some special moment, call me.

Also keep in mind that if you want Christmas Card photos taken (or other holiday cards) we will need to do those soon so you will have time to go to print!

Also, my Photography Website is coming along nicely... keep an eye out for the official announcement that it is up and running.

Happy Thanksgiving to All!

Peace and Love,
------Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment